Sunday, November 23, 2014

Days and Reasons

We met on a Saturday so cold we could see our breath,
watching the steam rise through conversation we held.
Words came to wonder, hidden in my curious eyes
That night, you were the reason my heart decided to thaw.


We had our first date on a Monday so rhythmic with music.
We listened for hours as hearts beat through hands we held.
Amsterdam made us a playlist that night and formed hand written art
That night, you were the reason I believed in red painted canvases

You kissed me on a Wednesday so sweet it tasted like honey
Our lips collided, my veins felt and carried through my body.
Signals in my brain were miss firing and running wild in dance
That night, you were the reason I was forgetting how to breathe



We took a drive on a Thursday and toured each others hearts
Your hand strummed my knee like guitar strings you know well
lights blurred by and lit up your eyes that looked into mine
That night, you were the reason my eyes sparkled brighter

I left on a Friday filled with repeated songs of Angels and Airways
reminding me of you at every stop light and the passing street signs
The music stopped with my ringtone that lit up with your name
Last night, you were the reason I couldn't seem to stop smiling.



Its pouring rain on a Saturday as I drive to the beat of Amsterdam,
the anthem plays through speakers demanding me to write again.
hearts are traced against the clouded window that I have touched
Tonight, you're the reason for my fingers making art. 

1 comment :