Saturday, April 26, 2014

My Real Image

What's my image?
You knew me as Macie Gillman.
as the quiet girl in most classes.
You might have known me though Makayla Waters.
(The Best Friend that always has been.)

Than I started to write blog posts.
You might have learned how I feel about being human.
How I feel about the word "Just Friends."
The things I wonder about.
What inspires me.

Now we have all been exposed.

Now its not just Pen names with unknown hearts.

Now we have people to associate the hearts with.

we all know a little deeper into each-others hearts.
I now know a little bit more about
how Sarah Matthews feels about losing her dad.
how Braden Harris feels about his Coach.
about How Trevor Elzey feels under a mask.
How Austin Garrett relates love to holding hands
How Makayla Waters wishes of being more than a farmers daughter.

Suddenly the images we originally created
The walls we put up
the pen names we hid behind

 are gone.

I'm not JUST the shy girl
That sits at the back of the room.

 Suddenly, You aren't just the class clown. The jock. The Hipster. The Molly Mormon

These blogs are like starting College.
They give us a chance to start over. 
To create the image of who we really are. 

So here's to new beginnings.
You now know my name.
You know pieces of my heart.
It's time I let you know more about my real image.

1. Im Macie L'aine Gillman, I prefer the last name of Staheli which is my moms maiden name. Macie L'aine Staheli.

2. I don't have a great relationship with my real father. But its getting better. Ive spent many days and nights wishing I had what a lot of you have, a dad to dance with at my wedding, a dad to tell me any boy would be lucky to date me. My mom got married last year, and I finally got a dad.

3. I kickbox 

4. I would rather put my headphones in and blast music as I walk from class to class than socialize with people in the halls. 

5. Ive liked the same guy since 6th grade. and trust me, it hurts like hell.

6.  I'm not good at hiding my emotions. I don't get why I should have to pretend to be something that I'm not. If I'm not happy, I'm not about to act happy.

7. I'm afraid of everything except commitment. Love doesn't scare me.

8. The list of children's movies that Ive embarrassingly cried in is getting ridiculous: Bolt, Scooby Doo, The Land Before Time, Brother Bear, Tarzan, Lion King ( Duh), Beauty in the Beast, Fox and the Hound, etc.

9. List of LP guys I think are hot: Seth Hanneman (Duh) , Peyton Gerber, Tyler Ewell, Jared Collins, Zach Frampton, Kash Tollis, etc. ( Yeah whatever we're graduating in a month)

Now you know deeper into my heart. You know my real image. 

I expect you to keep showing yours.

11 comments :

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. People are so much more than just this or that or what they might seem to be. It's really nice to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice to meet you. This was fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Honestly can't tell u how much I loved this whole post, thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is my favorite post I've read all year. THis is so honest and open and real. You took the mask off and you didn't hide anything. This was perfect. Too many favorite lines to quote. This is my absolute favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awe I'm so glad I don't have to pretend I don't know you any more!!! Cause damn my best friend ROCKS!!! I'm so glad everyone else can now see that too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so amazing!! Way to take this to a whole new level of honesty and openness! I'm inspired by your bravery! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I liked this entire post. And I'd have to agree with some of those boys...❤️

    ReplyDelete
  9. I cant handle the chills this gives me #socold love this! I know i am more than just that girl

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha I loved this! Tyler Ewell... Haha

    ReplyDelete