Sunday, April 6, 2014

You made me fall in love.


Dear Untitled Love Poem -

I didn't find you. You found me. I wasn't looking for you. But you appeared anyway. You were stuffed in a shelf of books In his room. Your cover was beautiful and it read "Speak for yourself." I was a TA for him, and with nothing to do, I was intrigued by your cover, and what secrets you might hold.  You're the Love Poem I flipped to. I immediately fell in love with you. I fell in love with the way your words created images. I fell in love with the way you made me feel. After I read the last sentence...your last secret, I shut the book and slammed it on the table. Now you made me jealous. You made me jealous of how beautiful you are. Of the way you seductively made me want to write something as beautiful as you. You were the love poem that motivated me to write. Whether out of jealousy or love though, I don't know which.

2 comments :