Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Chance of Rain



I wonder if it will rain the day you leave
can the skies be sad in the middle of July?
if it did rain would it be a record downpour?
cause babe, that's 365 days I will miss you.

I wonder how much it rains a year in Kuwait.
enough to wash the dust off your combat boots?
if it did, would you look to the sky and think of me?
would it photograph the drops that fall and ruin ink?

Handwritten letters can be held close in storms.

 I wonder if it will ever rain the same time for you and I.
7,434 miles apart cant possibly share the same shade of sky.
will you wake up to its thunder, while I fall asleep to its white noise?

When it rains, Ill stand in it and thank god that rain has a gypsy soul.
Because maybe the same raindrops will touch your skin, and kiss it's warmth.

love is the element found in rain.

Because that's where I found you.

in my storms. 




1 comment :

  1. beautiful.

    When it rains, Ill stand in it and thank god that rain has a gypsy soul.

    ReplyDelete