Tuesday, March 10, 2015

And I'll Write Your Name

I've never wanted to hold words.
To have my veins wrap around letters curves.
I've never wanted phrases sewn on the surface of my heart.
and the cracks in between.

And then I met you, and couldn't just skim your pages. 
I couldn't just read every word either.
For you were a story full of pictures.
And suddenly I was an Art Major.

And fell in love with every shade of red that painted your heart.

Even
            The  
                        Darkest 
                                       Shade.

I've never wanted words to echo on repeat,
Through my headphones and to my nerves.
I've never heard lyrics that made skin dance at it's melody.

Then I told you I loved you.
And the music it made as it echoed in your voice was a concert.
And I became a music major, falling in love with even our silence.

Because even that deserved an Encore.

I became a history major when I fell 
in love with your scars and laugh lines
And how they appeared.

I became a medical major when I fell asleep to your heartbeat.
I listened to it break and wanted to be the remedy,
The one that fixed you when you flat-lined.

 --^--^--^-------------------- 

I never thought I'd love math.
and I didn't until we fought. 
I fell in love with solving our problems
and having someone worth fighting for. 

Now, my declared major is English.

I'm falling in love with blank pages.
pages to be filled with conversations,
between your heart and mine.
pages to have ink splattered on
filled with our artwork.
Pages filled with notes and sheet music
from the concerts we attend
Pages filled with the biography written
starting the day we met.
Filled with medical histories 
of the heartache we cured in each other
even pages of math problems
You and I had to learn to solve.

Because English majors create.

And I can't wait to fill blank pages with you.

1 comment :

  1. Um. okay. This is just kind of beautiful and adorable. truly the cutest. Loved how you made the heartbeat ha ❤

    ReplyDelete