Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Sugar and Spice and Everything Nice


I walk barefoot on sidewalks
and my socks rarely match when worn.
My headphones are my best accessory

Yet my best feature is the color my eyes turn when I cry.

Rain is my favorite soundtrack.
I let it ruin my hair as I walk to its music.
Sometimes my heart strikes lightning

Yet I'm not great at biting the thunder that rolls off my tongue

I'm a risk taker when it comes to my heart 
Its 3 dimensional and loudly beats on my sleeve
It's only desire is to have fingers run over the scars
and kiss the stories behind them perfectly with their lips 

Yet your hands are still far to distant from mine

Poetry is like an art museum, I visit as often as I can
Imagining the  words as patterns of raindrops on my window. 
I still like writing by hand more than I like typing with keys

Yet I still haven't filled enough pages with blood

I like to sit at the piano and play old memories
They come at the tempo of 6/8 with a metronome
I smile as music comes from my small fingertips

Yet my biggest regret is the day I left the bench

I love summer dresses, and smiles in-between kisses
and romance is traced in the pigments in my skin.
I'm shy at first impression, and sweet on your tongue

Yet my hazel eyes sure know how to burn your soul. 









2 comments :

  1. Yet my best feature is the color my eyes turn when I cry.

    Sometimes my heart strikes lightning
    Yet I'm not great at biting the thunder that rolls off my tongue

    This. Is. Amazing. Just yes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this was just so great. my eyes look best when I cry too. and I'm a one tree hill fan and your name is amazing.

    ReplyDelete