Sunday, July 5, 2015

Will You Stay?


Sunsets long for an audience to love their limited beauty,
 I hope I've captured your eyes enough to make you stay.

But darling, this is midnight, and the colors have faded silently.
I lay awake, searching the dark sky for burn marks where colors once danced.

and although fire still burns bright long after the world falls asleep.
I'm scared my love for you will burn long after yours turns to ashes.

Sunrises  are meant for people with hope in their sleepy eyes
and I guess it's time I start becoming a morning person.

3 comments :

  1. "searching the dark sky for burn marks where colors once danced."
    "I'm scared my love for you will burn long after yours turns to ashes." This entire thing was so good. I just came across you by chance and I think I'll stick around here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S. you get extra points because One Tree Hill forever.

      Delete
  2. this is so good. and rt alta because yes, one tree hill. just yes.

    ReplyDelete