Thursday, January 30, 2014

To Be or Not To Be

Nelson told us how he is always contradicting himself. One day he tells us to do one thing, the next time he tells us to do the exact opposite of that. I don't think that Nelson is the only one that does that. I think it's something that is true to human nature. I think in just about everything we do, we are always contradicting ourselves.

I want the doughnut. 
I  also want to be thin.
I want to go out with friends and take crazy pictures
I also want to stay home and get lost in a good book
I want to let someone in my life.
I also want to protect myself.
I want to do something great, and inspire people
I also want to sit on the couch and watch Netflix
I want to be original, and unique
I also want to fit in and be like everyone else
I want to wear dresses and be flirty
I  also want to wear leather and be a mysterious
I want to be in love
I also want to be single and free
I want people to accept me
I also want to not care about what people think.
I want to be be like Jake Irving, and be loved by everyone
I also want to be anti- social and put my headphones in and tune out the world.
I want to get dressed up, and feel beautiful
I also want to stay in my pj's all day and not brush my hair.



Humans are complicated. They aren't something you can explain one blog post. They have emotions and feelings, and what they want changes on a daily basis. Some days we take the doughnut, and say screw it, it tastes good. Other days we workout instead. People cant just be reduced to a formula, a recipe, or one set of expectations. There is always a wildcard, a change in the wind, and an unknown variable.I guess that's another part of being human, but at least it keeps life interesting, and keeps us on our toes.



10 comments :

  1. "I want the doughnut.
    I also want to be thin."

    This is the most real struggle of my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "People can't just be reduced to a formula, a recipe, or one set of expectations." I love this line! It's so true!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This explained so much about what it means to be human. I related with almost every one. Maybe the Jake Irving line the most.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so realatable! It's good to know that I'm not the only one who think like this. I also love this part: People cant just be reduced to a formula, a recipe, or one set of expectations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so true.... love it :D we're all guilty of contradiction so I think this was super important to address

    ReplyDelete