Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Love Is For the Thrill Seekers

walking with my hands in pockets
raindrops fall lightly on my face,
creating freckles on my cheeks.

looking at the hazy grey sky,
Thinking love is for the thrill seekers. 
and the fact that roller coasters scare me.

So really I should be afraid of you.

I should be afraid of sleepless nights.
of mascara lines drawn down in patterns.
and broken hearts that forgot how to beat

I should be afraid of the rain
that lingers in someones mind.
after a unexpected last kiss.
they can still feel on their lips.

 I should be afraid of you.
because I'm not a thrill seeker.

and there's something about the way
the rain makes me not so afraid

but when it comes to love,
I'm standing here fearless.
ready to fall into a hazy sky
that's path is unknown.

When it comes to love
I'm ready to walk a tightrope
with my heart on my sleeve.
To get me across to you.

 and when I finally meet you,
You'll laugh and smile at the fact
that I'm terrified of roller coasters.

and I'll smile and laugh with you.

I will tell you that though I am,
when it comes to falling for you

I will ignore every caution sign, 
and bravely fall into the unknown.
into that hazy grey sky.

Because our love will be worth fear.








1 comment :

  1. "You'll laugh and smile at the fact
    that I'm terrified of roller coasters."

    If love is a roller coaster, I'm terrified too.

    ReplyDelete