Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Happy Birthday

Fireworks lit up the fourth of July sky
Telling the story of our freedom
I sat and watched like every other year      
But this time my heart was celebrating you

After all, it was also your birthday.

With every flash in the sky
My eyes lit up with color
Sorta like the way they do
When you tell me I'm beautiful.

With every loud *BOOM*
The beat hit through my soul
Kinda like your heartbeat
I felt when we cuddled.

With every sparkle and shimmer
I watched with amazement and wonder.
Kinda like the way I look at you,
And wonder why it took so long to REALLY see you.

With the finale coming nearer,
I waited with much excitement
Almost like the way I'm waiting now
For a kiss that creates fireworks in my stomach

The fireworks came to an end
Leaving nothing but smoke in the sky.
Kinda like the candles you blew out that night.
Happy Birthday America, but mostly to you...

Too bad I'm celebrating without you.


No comments :

Post a Comment