Sunday, February 16, 2014

fairytales and transparent hearts

You know in the cartoons when a character falls in love how their eyes turn into big pink hearts, and their heart actually gets bigger and beats out of their chest? It's the movie producers way of telling us that the character is in love. Don't you wish the signs of being in love were that dramatic? You're standing on the doorstep with a guy and all a sudden a sappy love song that makes your heart melt begins to play and your skin becomes transparent and your heart gets bigger. You would know you're in love. Unfortunately life isn't like the movies. Falling in love doesn't happen in a single moment, and it certainly isn't as definable. Then again what do I know? I've never been in love. Though falling in love can be hard, I think the harder part is finding out what love is. 
 

So what is love? And how do you know your in it? 

Being in love is different for everyone. We all feel it, but people feel it differently. Some people fall hard, and fast and aren't afraid of the fall. Others are cautious and slow, and go one step at a time. Some people fall in love at 17, others not until they're 50. Some people can find a way to fall in love with everyone. Others only find that kind of love in one person. Some people fall in love through trials and getting through them together. Some fall because they have so much in common.

I don't know what kind of a love I'll have. I only know the kind of love I want. I want a love like my grandparents, who fell in love over a package of Oreo's and have spent the last 52 years with the same love they had back then. I want a love like my parents, who have had many trials, but have found a way to work through those and see the good in each-other. I want a love like in the movie Safe Haven, to have a guy who would do anything for me, and love me endlessly and so passionately.I want a love like Bon Jovi, who married his high school sweetheart, and through the many fans and beautiful woman, he has only wanted her. 

Everyone wants love. Everyone wants to be loved. Everyone is looking for that toe curling kiss, and that happily ever after, including me.


No comments :

Post a Comment