Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Dear You

You hang out with your Junior friends.
Awesome, I love Junior girls ( read sarcastically) 
or at least the ones you hang out with. 
You tell me that she likes you. 
You really like the attention.
She calls you her "Best Friend."
She doesn't know the meaning of the word
because she doesn't know you like I do. 

She likes you because you're good looking;
Because you're funny, smart, and nice.
Because you would be a good kisser.
Shes not wrong. you are those things.
I just think they are generic things to say,

If you were to ask me why I love you,
It's not because of generic things.

I would say I love you because you watch the bachelor with me.
Because you got a 27 on your ACT without studying.
Because you hate mayo, and I think its crazy
Because you have a list of names you want to name your kids.
Because you make me laugh when I feel at my worst.
Because we get into deep conversations about anything. about everything
Because you have the same addiction to soda that I do.
Because you sing so passionately and so off pitch when 3 doors down comes on.
Because you're my motivation to get a bikini body.
Because you have one of the biggest hearts I know.
Because you call my my mom and talk to her like you're best friends.
Because of the way I feel when I'm with you

We can all love someone because They are good looking.
Because they are nice, and smart, and could potentially be a good kisser.
The trick is finding someone to love based on the little things.
and not settling for someone that only sees the generic things in you.


3 comments :

  1. Okay first lolololololing b/c "I love Junior girls"

    and also sometimes long lists of random crap can get pretty monotonous and boring but this, this was so catching and I wanted every line and I'll be thinking about those small things for a while and the mayo and the junior girl and the freakin ah good crap and I really loved this so much. omg what is love

    ReplyDelete