Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Kisses with a Stranger

We all have seen this picture. To most people, at first glance this photo looks magical. Well thanks to my photography teacher, he told us that this photo isn't really as romantic as it looks. He told us that in fact, these two people didn't know each other, and this woman called this act a "Rape Kiss." To my photography teacher I say: SCREW YOU. Way to ruin the magic. Maybe that's what you see. but, when I look at this photo, that's not what I see. I see someone who was so happy in one moment, he had to share it with someone, even it was a complete stranger. I think we should all learn from this photo. We should all have moments, where we are so happy, we want to kiss a stranger. Ive never had a defining moment in my life where it was announced that the war was over, but I have fought my own battles, and I have had moments in my life where I have been so happy I could kiss a stranger.

1. The day I got my puppy, after wanting one for 12 years.
2. The day I got into Creative Writing, after being told it was full.
3. The Christmas Morning I found out I was going to Hawaii
4. The day I found god
5. That day my mom got married.
6. The day I found out my best friend was coming back.
7. That moment I felt wanted by someone, like I wanted them.
8. The encore at the One Direction concert
9. The night I got the text from him, telling me I was a good writer
10. The beginning of Junior year when I realized for this first time I would have a dad.

Anytime we have moments like these,when we realize our struggles are over,  or when are dreams come true, we should always share them with people so find someone worth sharing them with, even if it is a stranger.


2 comments :