Sunday, March 2, 2014

Piles of Bricks

Bricks are pieces of us.
They are our insecurities.
They are our hurt.
They are our fears.
They are our heartbreak.
They are our weaknesses.
These bricks make walls
They are plastered together by little bits of hope.

Sometimes we build our walls up.
We put them up to keep people out.
Really all we want is to let people in.
Sometimes our walls fall down,
And we let love in.

Sometimes we get lucky
When we put our walls down.
We see something truly beautiful.
We wonder why we put them up in the first place.

I didn't get that lucky this time.
My walls fell down.
I fell in love.
All i got from it was a stupid pile of bricks.

I guess its time to rebuild my wall. 

1 comment :

  1. What if nobody had walls at all? What would life be like? That way we could let people in all the time and fall in love with everyone.

    ReplyDelete