Sunday, March 9, 2014

Abstract Colors

Have you ever wondered what it would be like to be born blind, and never know what colors look like? Even more so, imagine how hard it would be to explain to someone what certain colors look like. For this blog post, I wanted to do something different. I wanted to see if I could describe colors by using other senses then just my eyes. Here's what I came up with.

Red:
Red is the color of a passionate kiss.
Its your pulse jumping when you hear his voice.
Its a scream at the top of your lungs.
Its what you feel when you're angry

Orange:
Orange is the sound of fire crackling.
It's the color of a warm embrace.
It's the taste of a clementine.
It's the leaves crunching in the fall.

Yellow:
Yellow is the color of the first icecream cone in summer.
It's the sound of laughter.
It's laying out on the hottest day in June.
It's the color you feel when you're inspired.

Green:
Green is the of the smell of rain.
Its running barefoot through grass.
It's what you feel after a good workout.
It's the smell of Hawaii.

Blue:
Blue is the color of sleeping in clean sheets.
Its experiencing something for the first time
It's feeling waves crash at your feet
Its putting lotion on newly shaved legs.

Purple:
purple is the touch of a flower petal
It's a romantic night with him.
Its reading a good book.
Its the color of a slow dance.

Pink:
Pink is the taste of a sprinkled cupcake.
It's the feeling after a really great kiss.
It's the color of valentines day.
Its the color of your cheeks when you blush.

Gold:
Gold is the sound of Fireworks.
Its a flash of lightning in a storm
It's the color of a Lifehouse song.
Its a sophisticated party.


You may have read those and not agreed with some them. But I think we all associate colors with different things. There's a lot more to color than just what you see. I think we associate color with experiences. My experiences are different than yours. Colors mean something different to me than you.  Could you explain colors to someone by using your own experiences? Do you have to be able to see to see color? Can blind people still know what color is through their experiences?






4 comments :

  1. Very Nice! I liked this quite a bit

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post deserves a standing ovation. I don't know how I could do this over the internet, I am just typing what I am thinking. Anyway, you did a really good job. I thought this post was very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a good idea. Love this post.

    ReplyDelete