Sunday, March 23, 2014

Wear the Cape and Dream.

Have you ever been told to grow up? Or for those of us that are turning 18, have you ever felt like you're growing up way too fast? For me, time is passing way to quickly. I'm starting to grasp that in a few months, I will be moved out and having to provide for myself. I don't think I could be more scared, or feel less prepared. I'm growing up. I'm becoming what my parents molded me to be.


Even though I'm growing up, There's a lot in us that never actually grows up. There's a lot that doesn't HAVE to grow up with us.



I don't care how old I am, I will never be too old to go to Space-Camp.


I will never to be old to order Mac-N-cheese at a restaurant. (If you haven't tried it at Noodles and Company you're missing out.)

I will never be to old to have a Disney movie marathon. This includes singing loudly when "A Whole New World" Comes On.

Ill never be too old to play in the mud. 

Or take a nap.

I'll never be too old to dance in the rain.

I'll never be to old to still consider my mom as my hero.

Or to wear a cape and pretend I am a superhero.

I will never be to old to go on a spontaneous adventure.

Or drink from a twisty straw.

Mostly, I'll never be too old to dream.

What happened to us when we grew up? Why did we stop dreaming? We used to want to be a princess, or an astronaut, or The President of the United States. Now were adults, and although we realize that those dreams aren't likely to happen, why did we stop making new dreams? And why when we dream, do our dreams stay on a bucket list? They are written on a piece of notebook paper stuffed in a crowded drawer filled with To do lists and Bills. Why did we stop working for our dreams? 

In the end, we're not going to remember The to do lists, and the bills that had to be paid. Were going to remember our dreams, and what we really wanted out of life. Lets go back to space camp. Lets go back to a time where dreaming wasn't so far away. 

Bills will still have to be paid, we will still have to work. That's part of growing up, and its good. But somewhere in us, we all have that little kid wanting to still eat Mac-n-Cheese, to wear a cape, and to dream. 

Be a kid. Wear the cape. Make a dream.

 If it doesn't work, you can always make a new dream.




2 comments :