Tuesday, March 25, 2014

You, Me and the Rain.



You're my first love,
and believe me, I wish you weren't.
Not even the "ice in my vein" metaphors
describe how you make me feel.

I tried using the "heart on fire" one too
But that didn't even seem to fit
just exactly how you make me feel.
So maybe I try a new element

You make me feel like I'm in the rain.
I look at you and I smile.
All I want to is feel you on my skin.
Drench myself with your love till I cant fall anymore.

You make me feel I'm in the rain.
On a April afternoon
I'm at a picnic, And you've just ruined it.
You leave me cold and shivering, and heartbroken.

You make me feel like I'm in the rain.
I'm dancing in your laugh.
I wish you knew how to dance with me.
I guess this dance was only meant for one.

You make me feel like I'm in the rain
In a storm without an umbrella.
You hit me all at once, and it hurts.
You slide down my face in drops that look like tears.

You make me feel like I'm in the rain.
Wow you smell good.
I want to memorize your taste, and your rhythm.
Really I just want to know you.

You make me feel like I'm in the rain.
Stuck inside my room, watching you.
I'm waiting for a sign, for that rainbow.
I guess the rain doesn't even know when the clouds clear.

You're my first love, and believe me I wish you weren't.












5 comments :

  1. The way you highlighted the part added.

    I want to be able to write like this for someone I hope you share this with them.

    Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you emphasized the different parts making him seem like the rain in a different color. Really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "You're my first love,
    and believe me, I wish you weren't.
    Not even the "ice in my vein" metaphors
    describe how you make me feel." Awesome line. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. "dancing in your laugh" My God. There were so many good lines but I couldn't quote them all. Insanely good.

    ReplyDelete